Wednesday, September 8, 2010

How it feels to be colored me. Question for refection #1

I would give myself many labels such as a single mother,  cook, maid, nurse and a teacher. You tend to get may labels when u become a mother. Not only are you providing for yourself you are providing for your childern. 
When I wake up I have to make breakfast, lunch and dinner that’s where the cook label comes in. I’m am constantly picking up after the people that live in my house that’s where the maid label comes in. When my kids are hurt or sick I’m the one to take care of the and help them feel better that’s where the nurse label comes in. I also a teacher label because I have to teach my my kids right from wrong, teach them to be the best they can be. 
It effects me on a day to day basis because I have to be all these people everyday. Its very time consuming to make sure everything is done and to make sure everyone is taking care of. Being a single mother can be hard and u do everything on your own. 
Its not always easy being judged sometimes I would just like people to look at me for me and not all the labels, especially the single mother label, people  think why is she a single mother, people  assume the worst when u have three kids and no husband. My grandma always said u should be married before you had kids so she labels me as a single mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment