Friday, September 24, 2010

Sister Flowers

I remember when I was fifteen and I was learning to drive, my parents both took me to practice daily.  I remember being so excited to learn and within months I would be on my own.  I remember one afternoon my dad was taking me driving around Krug Park.  I remember worrying that a small child would run out in the street, and he encouraged me to remain calm and alert.  As I drove around each corner looking closely to the children I found myself feeling more at ease knowing that my dad had every confidence in me and was patient with me as I learned.  After driving around the park for what seemed like hours at the time, he asked if I was confident enough to drive on the main streets and get us home.  I answered yes and off we went.  We made it home in one piece and the smile on my dads face when we arrived and him saying I'm proud of how well you did made me feel like I could do anything.  To this day my dad still remembers teaching me and makes the comment that that while teaching the rest of my sister to drive, if only it was as easy as it was with  Krista, I felt safe with her.

1 comment:

  1. HI Krista,

    Thank you for sharing! Is there a time when someone threw you a life line or a memorable childhood experience?

    MS. C

    ReplyDelete